ICRI Releases Historic Compensation Study
Monday, April 30, 2018
Compensation and benefits for the concrete repair industry explored for the first time
Via surveys of more than 300 firms throughout the United States, the International Concrete Repair Institute (ICRI) has completed and released a first-of-its kind study of compensation levels in the concrete repair industry. Among the key findings in the study, which is available on-line, are:
- Overall median salary for Project Managers in the industry is approximately $85,000 US yearly
- Median hourly wage for concrete repair Project Managers is approximately $50 US per hour
- More than 30 percent of companies surveyed did not give an annual increase in 2017
"In the industry of concrete repair, participating companies need ways to stay competitive in compensating existing employees and attracting new hires. As part of the ICRI Strategic Plan, the ICRI Education Committee was tasked with performing the first ever compensation survey specifically targeting the concrete repair industry." said Scott B. Harrison, P.E., Senior Associate, Construction Insight, Inc.
"This historic survey provides detailed information across all levels of employees relating to:
- Wages/total compensation – hourly/annual salary, overtime, bonuses, raises
- Insurance benefits – life, dental, vision, disability
- Vacation, holidays, sick leave, and personal leave
- Retirement plans
- Staff profiles – education level, years of experience
- Hiring trends
Stay competitive in this tough labor market with knowledge of compensation changes and trends!"
Among other highlights in the study:
- Nearly 50 percent of companies surveyed have increased total staffing in the past two years. Only 8 percent have decreased staff levels in that time.
- Nearly 40 percent have steadily increased pay and 24 percent have increased use of bonus/incentive pay to retain/attract staff.
The 50-page report contains 13 pages of detailed data broken down by several categories such as region, company size, etc.
The 2018 ICRI Compensation & Benefits Survey is available for purchase as a downloadable PDF (5.4MB)
ICRI Members - $395 per copy
Non-Members - $795 per copy
To receive ICRI member pricing, you must be logged into the ICRI website.