Welcome to the meetings, member list, and officer information page for the Metro New York chapter.
I am honored to serve as the President of the Metro New York Chapter of the International Concrete Repair Institute (ICRI-MNY). I, along with the rest of the Board of Directors and the Committees we form, will act to serve the needs of our membership while continuing to build on the numerous and impressive achievements of our chapter.
Membership in ICRI is so much more than just a marketing tool, credential, or resume-filler. What has become ICRI first started in 1988 with the following statement of purpose, “To improve the quality of concrete restoration, repair, and protection, (and sustainability), through education of, and communication among, the members that use their services.” From its inception, ICRI has included and given equal voice to all members: contractors, engineers and architects; manufacturers and distributors; educators and students; owners, and anyone else with an interest in our industry. Communication among our diverse membership group is one of the strengths of ICRI, providing members with a voice and unparalleled access to a broad spectrum of role-players on repair, rehabilitation, and preservation / restoration projects.
As is true with any professional organization, your level of benefit is directly proportional to your level of involvement. If you are not currently a member of ICRI-MNY, I strongly encourage you to join our chapter. If you are currently a member, I encourage you to get more involved with our Committees and to also encourage others who may be interested in our chapter to join. If, at any point, you have a question, comment, or idea on how to make ICRI-MNY better, please do not hesitate to reach out to me.
In the past, we have won Chapter of the Year (2015), Outstanding Chapter (2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, and 2016), and Most Improved Chapter (2014). These achievements are now the standard for our Chapter and we hope to maintain this high level of accomplishment and build upon it in the coming years. Our Chapter goals for 2018 include the following:
- Build new and deepen existing partnerships with similar organizations at the local and regional level.
- Continue presenting highly-attended technical meetings and all-day symposiums, while partnering with other like-minded organizations to present these events.
- Maintain strong interest in a diverse number of social activities, including the golf outing, fishing trip, summer networking event, and holiday party, and partner with other like-minded organizations to sponsor these events.
- Create a Chapter awards program, which will include local project awards, scholarships for local institutions, and confer Director Emeritus status.
- Grow the Chapter membership and the percentage of members active in our Committees and other Chapter activities.
- Update our Chapter Bylaws, create new Chapter Rules, and formalize our Committee structure and operations and overall Chapter operations in anticipation of a new generation of leadership.
As discussed in our goals, we have many different events planned for 2018. A list of the (proposed) dates, events, and their locations follows (conflicts may arise and dates may be changed, always check our homepage at https://icri-ny.org/ for the most up-to-date information):
- 22 February – Technical Meeting, Club 101, Manhattan, NY.
- 27 April – All-Day Seminar, Club 101, Manhattan, NY.
- 24 May – Technical Meeting, Club 101, Manhattan, NY.
- 7 June – Fishing Trip, 540 Guy Lombardo Avenue, Freeport, NY.
- TBD September – Professional Ethics Breakfast, LOCATION TBD, Manhattan, NY.
- 15 August – Rooftop Networking, LOCATION TBD, Manhattan, NY.
- 20 September – Golf Event, Cedar Hill Golf & Country Club, Livingston, NJ.
- 25 October – Technical Meeting, Club 101, Manhattan, NY.
- 6 December – Holiday Party / Awards, LOCATION TBD, Manhattan, NY
We have been blessed with, and are very grateful for, the many current Directors who have served as President before me. These individuals have been instrumental in our past achievements and they are the drivers of our current success. But, for this success to continue, we need to develop a new generation of leadership. I encourage all of you to get more involved with ICRI-MNY.
Kirk M. Stauffer, P.E. (NY, PA), S.E. (IL)
Chapter Newsletters and Announcements
Spring 2016 Newsletter
Technical Meetings are to be held at Club 101, Park Ave, New York on the following dates:
- February 22
- April 27- All Day Seminar
- May 24
- August 15
- October 25
The following social events are also planned:
- Golf Outing - September 20
- Fishing Trip (June 7)
- Holiday Party - December 6
Click here - Chapter Member Search
to view entire member list.
Officers and Directors
Click on name for contact information.
Click above to submit information to update this page. You must be logged in as an ICRI member.