ICRI Concrete Slab Moisture Testing - Chicago Area
The Certification program has two tiers.
- Tier 1 applicants are those who are not regularly engaged in slab moisture testing, yet have an active interest in learning more about the tests, what the tests mean, and how the tests should be performed.
- Tier 2 applicants are those who seek full certification.
Both tiers require attendance at a 3-hour educational session, followed by a written exam. Tier 2 full certification applicants will also be required to perform each of the five applicable ASTM tests under the watchful eye of a qualified judge who will not provide any level of coaching.
Pre-qualification for acceptance into the Tier 2 full certification program will be previous hands-on moisture testing experience, as approved by ICRI. As an alternative, applicants may take the optional Demonstration and Workshop to fulfill the previous testing experience requirement. Tier 2 Recertification written exam is also available at this class.
Five ASTM Standards will be provided as free electronic downloads to paid Tier 1 and Tier 2 registrants and includes the five test methods covered in the program (ASTM F710, ASTM F1869, ASTM F2170, ASTM F2659, and ASTM F3191). Tier 1 and 2 registrants must print out copies and bring them to the class. Copies of the ASTMs will not be included with on-site course materials and additional copies of the ASTMs will not be available at the class. Recertification Written Examination registrants will receive a hard copy study packet that includes the ASTMs prior to the class.
DAY 1: Educational Program (Tiers 1 and 2)
- 8:00-8:30 a.m. — Registration and Continental Breakfast
- 8:30 a.m.-12:00 p.m. — Educational Session/Questions
- 12:00-1:00 p.m. — Lunch (provided)
- 1:00-2:00 p.m. — Review and Study Period
- 2:00-3:00 p.m. — Written Examination/Recertification Exam
- 3:00-6:00 p.m. — Demonstration and Workshop (optional)
DAY 2: Certification Program (Tier 2 only)
- 8:00 a.m.-5:00 p.m. — Performance Exams
(1-hour time slots to be assigned at the Educational Program on Day 1)
|Tier 1 Educational Program
|Tier 2 Certification Program (includes Tier 1)
|Demonstration and Workshop
|Re-examination (Written Exam)
|Re-examination (Performance Exam)
|Recertification (Written Exam)
|Recertification Re-examination (Written Exam)
ICRI will refund the registration fees for any cancellations received 21 days or more before the class, minus a $25 cancellation fee. ICRI will not refund registration fees for cancellations received less than 21 days before the class.